I recently had some more frustration with Eclipse, with no solution on the web, so I’m posting mine.
I had an auto-generated task (TODO) from creating a class that implemented an interface. At some point, I noticed the task comment was gone, but the task indicator (checkbox icon) was still there. Probably because I have it set to reformat on save, but maybe I deleted the task comment without hitting the task button (or both). Anyway, I could not clear it no matter what:
- Double clicking the icon didn’t work since it couldn’t find the comment.
- Clicking the “Clean and Redetect Tasks” button did nothing.
- Restarting Eclipse (which I do more often than a Windows admin reboots), did naught.
- The Task View displayed the offending tasks, but the Delete option was greyed out. Selecting the task and hitting delete 3 million times while cursing furiously at the screen brought no justice.
- Go to Window >> Preferences, then Java/Compiler/Task Tags. Select the TODO task tag, or whatever accursed tag haunts you.
- Click Remove. When it threatens a rebuild, call it’s bluff (that is, agree). When it’s done (and it took its sweet time), the offending tasks will be gone. Rejoice!
- Click New… and restore the TODO tag. All legitimate TODO tasks will be restored. Callooh! Callay!
keywords: can’t delete tasks, task tags, eclipse 3.4, mylyn